Sponsorships: what are they?
Partner with an indie brand to promote your startup. The brand could be a blog, email list, community, YouTuber, Facebook group or Slack channel. Founders should focus on working with indie brands.
- Partner with indie publications, channels and communities that have an established loyal audience
- Get a personal, human endorsement from the brand owner
- Great for exploring unique ad formats - like an email, video or podcast shout out, Slack channel member discount, or content partnership
- Ideal if your product isn't easily explained in the standard line of copy or simple image
Why not sponsorships
- Many niche brand owners aren't interested in selling sponsorships
- They may not have established ad formats, or case studies
- Indie sponsorships tend to work very well, or not at all, there is little in between
What to sponsor
- A Podcast episode
- A YouTube video or channel
- A Slack channel
- An email list
- A Facebook group
- A blog post
- A community
Coming soon. Email at firstname.lastname@example.org if you really want to see some, and I'll update this next.
Find places to sponsor
For email lists
Letterbase - Find the best newsletter to promote your product
We connect cool newsletters with cool products. Join today to effortlessly find sponsors for your newsletter, it's free!
Paved | Email Marketing & Sponsored Content
Monitor deliveries, bounce rates, open rates, click rates and more. Use our heatmaps to instantly discover what content is getting the most engagement. No more wondering where your campaigns fall short. Automated actionable insights Verified publisher email data Click and heat maps
Marketplace for Podcast Sponsorships and Advertising
Podcorn centralizes monetization and consolidates independent podcasters, agencies and brands under one roof, giving more choice to brands and podcasters to find the right fit. From organic host-read integrations and interview segments, to topical discussions and product reviews, Podcorn specializes in native branded integrations that resonate with listeners. No hidden fees.
- Remember: the influencer or owner is likely to be selective about who they work with and may not have offered sponsored placements before
- Make sure you know your stuff before you reach out
- Introduce yourself and your product
- Try to understand the audience size
- Book and place your ad campaign
- Measure how your campaign performs